The magic and excitement of the World Championship of Argentine Tango come to your screen for
yet another year through this DVD!
This year, the DVD is more exciting than ever.
For the first time, it incorporates two camera views, so you can see all
the dancing figures as they happen from the best view possible.
This is DOUBLE-DISC EXTENDED EDITION which contains
In the Tango Salon, keeping the close embrace is paramount; break the embrace, and you are losing
points by the dozen. Small steps, keeping the line of dance and not obstructing the other
dancers are the key points about this style of dancing.
- Disc 1: The finals night of the Tango Escenario 'Stage Tango' category, including the awards ceremony.
- Disc 2: The finals night of the Tango Salon competition, including the presentation of the winners.
In the Tango Escenario category, the rules are more relaxed, but the contestants have to keep
to the following points, while creating their otherwise flamboyant choreographies:
The DVD is region-free, and subtitled in English where necessary.
- The have to include in their choreography all the classic tango elements: walking, ochos, boleos,
ganchos, and the "milonguero" hold.
- They have to use as much of the dancefloor as possible during their dance.
- They can use "acrobatics" and elements from other dance disciplines, but only where these
make sense in the interpretation of the track they have chosen, and also where these elements
do not exceed one third of the overall performance.
Ref: MN-DVD04 Price £29.95