This set of 5 videos/DVDs, (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Quickstep) recorded by William Pino and Alessandra Bucciarelli, former
Amateur Ballroom World Champions, now Grand finalists in all major Professional Championships
is an excellent study of how one can develop ballroom choreography. The development happens
by taking a simple routine and developing it into a more advanced routine by changing various
aspects of it, such as:
In each of the first four volumes (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Quickstep) William and Alessandra
take 4 basic routines and develop them into 4 advanced routines
by applying various elements from the above list. Every simple and advanced routine is shown
a number of times (at different angles) concentrating on the following aspects:
- Repeating certain actions
- Changing the timing
- Enhancing shapes of the top line
- Adding lady's swivels and kicks to static steps
- Acceleration and Deceleration
- Playing with the Timing
- Sharp vs. soft approach to line steps
- Introducing surprise steps
The 5th volume is a lecture introducing some teaching methods, which can be used by any couple
during their their training, regardless whether they are beginners or champions. This volume
- Leg and Feet action
- Shapes in the top line
- Timing with music
- Characterization of each dance
- BALANCE: what exactly is it?
- Balance as an individual and as a couple. Is it still or steady?
- ZERO POINT: What is it and how does it affect our movement
- "Test your balance" exercise
- Balancing your body and your hands as an individual and as a couple
- How to test your balance while you dance
- Tango: Test your hands balance too!
- RHYTHM: Basic vs. Advanced way of focusing on the beat.
- Which beat is the most important one?
- COORDINATION: Combining Balance and Rhythm exercises into one.
These videos/DVDs can only be purchased as a complete set of 5.
William Pino & Alessandra Bucciarelli - From Beginners to Champions.
Set of 5 - Price GBP 159.95 Ref: HW101-105