This is an excellent title if you want to study Michael's and Joanna's dancing from every angle.
Only small amount of lecturing is included, but the demonstrations are excellent.
Every dance is presented:
The mini-lectures touch the following topics:
- Dancing together to the music
- Dancing together with no music
- Dancing together giving figure names
- Dancing together with the count for the man
- Dancing together with the count for the lady
- Dancing together to the music again
The choreography used is basic, something every dancer uses every day, however some connections
between steps are rather intriguing.
- Samba: Interaction between the man and the lady's rhythms
- Cha cha: Putting attention to the spine, legs and interaction between them
- Paso doble: Breathing in and out to emphasise the body energy
- Rumba: The mechanics and the intention of emphasising the hips actions
- Jive: Putting attention to the knee actions: Kicking and ticking
At the end you sit back and enjoy Michael's and Joanna's 5 dance show performed with full lights
and costume changes. Just amazing...
Running time: 80 min (approx)
Ref: HW097 Price £ 29.95